Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relationship Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidonie

Instructor
Oct 2, 2001
AU
I have two tables, [POSub] & [MaterialReception], whcih I need to link together with a one to many relationship by the fields [LineNumber]. In the table [POSub] the Primary Key field is [LineNumber] and there is no Primary Key for the table [MaterialReception].

When I go to setup the relationship between the two tables I keep getting this error,

"Invalid field definition 'LineNumber' in definition of index or relationship."

but it only appears when I tick the box "Cascade Update Related Fields". I have "Cascade Delete Related Records" ticked and that is not causing a problem.

Can someone tell me what this means? Also, would I be correct in assuming that is this also why I can't update records from a Select Query, based on the Table [MaterialReception] ?????

I've been sitting here for hours trying to figure it out, and now I am so confused I think I need some expert help to fix whatever problem I have created for myself.

Cheers
SID

dear sid,

please provide table definitions as
table [POSUB]
field linenumber as longint ...???

regards Astrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back