Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

relational find

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboustayyef

Technical User
Jun 9, 2001
GH
if you are performing a find request by hand, you can set the field to >1000 for example, however, i am not being able to do this using scripting, any hint ?

This should work, however instead of using Perform Find
you can do the following :

Enter Find Mode[]
Insert Calculated Result[Select, FieldName, Value]
Perform Find

If there are any other fields in your find, specify these in your 'Perform Find'(checkbox 'Restore find requests')
or you can place your entire find between the enter find mode and perform find using set field, and you will notice that some fields will be not filled in by FM, try using Insert Calculated Result for those fields.

Hope this helps...

hi, i'm sorry i forgot to mention that i want the whole process to be made in script, i don't want to do anything by hand because i want the program to do everything.
if i insert ">100000" as a calculated result, as a text, or as a set filed, it will simply tell me that i am entering the wrong criteria. whereas if i put the same expression manually in the find mode, it will work, THAT's what driving me crazy :(

But I think, that's clear, what Fleer have written:

1. Enter Find Mode (clear the "Restore find requests" and "Pause" checkboxes)
2. Set Field "fldName", ">1000"
3. Perform Find (clear the "Restore find requests" checkbox)

That's all. But you have to be careful, what the data type of the field being searched is. You can use Set Field "fldName, ">1000" script step for Text and Number data types, but you cannot use this for Date nor Time data types.

If you want to search for dates >1.1.2002, then you have to use Paste Result or Paste Literal script steps (and have the field being searched on current layout). You can use one of these two script steps for Text and Number data types as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back