Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relational Discoverer Plus - Schedules and Exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thadeus

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
Hello all, I am working with a group that is just being introduced to the Java version of Discoverer... they have always use the desktop 3.1 version.

This is the first time that they are using scheduling and are quite excited about it.
HOWEVER, they are complaining that Discoverer doesn't have an option to export the results on schedule. One can of course open the results and export them, but one cannot set a schedule that includes exporting and find their output file in some directory.

After poking around it seems that this is not a feature of the application... So I ask, has someone already coded a procedure that makes a connection between the Schedule ID, the results table and automatically exports from those results tables?

If there is an easy way to do this or if it is impossible, I'd be happy for input either way.

Thank you in advance for all you do.
~Thadeus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back