Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

relation between shop order and sales order

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbechard

Programmer
Jun 22, 2009
CA
Hi,

Is there a way to associate a shop order with a sales order? Currently we can't associate it and I would like to know if it is possible to do.

Thank you

If you are using forced demand=pull, there is already a relationship. The SFORDFIL_SQL table will include the source package (OE) source order # and source line #.

If you are not using forced demand=pull then I believe you can manually enter that info when you manually create the shop order, but I haven't tested it.

Also ES or Progression? Version? Please always provide this information.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I am using ES version 9.5.

I guess forced demand is not equal to pull because all I see in source package is MR. There is no OE. Where can I change the forced demand to set it to pull? I looked into the package settings and did not find it.

Thanks

Forced demand = Pull is an item by item setting on the manufacturing tab. You should not make this change unless you fully understand this works and you have discussed this with your Macola reseller or Exact regional office.

If you want to use this, it will automatically create a shop order for each OE order line for a pulled item for the backorder quantity only. This works great in make to order situations. Are you make to order or mostly make to order? If so you are a good candidate for this but be very careful implementing it.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

We will discuss with our Macola reseller before doing any changes.

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back