Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rel 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
I hate to sound like a broken record but does anyone know, did 7.0 come out Monday? I looked on Nortel's site but no mention of it.

Agreed on the Nortel website...

My reseller just told me they will have available for sale next Wed..

it is not going to be released till end of may (2005)
same for bcm50 as well
i'll know that for sure in a couple of hours from our nortel rep

wells its official now ...another month of wait
and we can do this all over again :(

Like we discussed before, it's better to wait and let them try to get all of the bugs out now instead of us fighting the bugs. There is no excuse for some of the stuff we've seen lately. IMHO

MarvO said it

I agree with Marv01. Based on problems that 6.1 s/ware presented, I have no doubt that 7.0 will require some time to work out a whole new group of bugs.

There are only 2 seasons in Canada, Golf and Snowmobile season.

just browsing the nortel pic site and found some 7.0 docs ...
well without the sw you can read it, i suppose :)

Yes, I believe the software is now available. Installation/System Coordinator guides are available on the Nortel website for both MICS/CICS 7.0. One thing of note is that to upgrade an existing system to version 7.0 the KSU must already be operating at software version 6.x. The documentation provides part numbers for "upgrade tools" which are basically flash cards of 4.1 and 6.0 software packaged together.
On MICS systems prior to 4.x you will still be required to upgrade using the "old" upgrade tool, then upgrade thru 2 intermediate steps (first to ver. 4.1, then to ver. 6.0) before the final jump to 7.0.
KSU's already running 4.x versions or higher will have to be upgraded to 6.0, then to 7.0.

my recollection from an webinare with nortel last monght, they are also introducing their new Digital Mobility Solution for BCM 3.7 and this Norstar 7.0 wireless and you will be able to and two more modules seeing that the Campangion is none existing.

CICS 7.0 is out. We just received our first one today. By the sounds of some of these links I should be kind of cautious.

we have a copy for our TAC engineers

7 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back