Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1tel

Programmer
Feb 21, 2008
CA
Anyone familiar with ESA on rel 5. My question revolves around ip sets in different bldgs and the caller ID I send to the carrier. I have single lines as fax numbers in each that I can use as the id for tha bldg but the main dialout pri is in the main bldg. Is there a way for multiple sites without putting in cabinets to send a different number n 911 calls.

911guru I believe you are the best one to answer this one.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Not sure on rel 5 but 4.5 after you provision esa in Ld 24 then you assign different clids for each site. Each clid has an entry ESA_HLCL you place the complete 10 digit on-site fax number there and tick ESA_INHN no and ESA_APDN no. When the user dials 911 it uses this entry replacing the usual caller ID number. The reason you do not want to append the DN is most PSAPS will not except ANi over 10 digits and will not match the site address on excess number charcters so the address shows unknown. Be sure each ESA_HLCL is "your site fax line". Another thing to keep in mind if your Voip users and fax lines are in different 911 jursdictions,regions or different states be careful this may not work depending on how your local CO handles 911.The only way to be sure is to test it or contact the 911 help desk in you area. If your Voip users are mobile users "hotels and hot spots" be careful how you use this application. I know release 5 has made several changes in ESA and 911 voip mobility so this may not be completly accurate to Rel 5. Good luck

You can send whatever Caller ID you want from any set you want. In Release 5.00 this is done through the ERL programming. You define ERLS as needed for each 911 zone, then assign the ELIN (CLID) and routing parameters accordingly. So the quick answer is YES, you can do whatever you want.

911Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back