Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReIP Exchange2003 cluster 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwados

Vendor
Oct 30, 2001
US
I need to reip 2 clustered exchange2003 servers. I can reip the heartbeat connections fine. I can reip the lan connections fine. I need help in reiping the other stuff namely: mailsrv, msdtc, and mail. Where do I look to change these IP's, and in which order do I change them.

Thanks.

You will need to use the Cluster Admin tool. Look for Exchange Virtual Server inside the appropriate resource group, and then in the settings for that Virtual Server, the TCP/IP Parameters. Make the simple change there. You can then perform the same procedure for the other Virtual Servers/Resource Groups in your cluster.

The order isn't that critical, as far as I know. Just don't forget any of them. You may end up needing to bring the Exchange resource group offline and online again to get things synced up.

One thing in the ESM you may need to change is the SMTP Virtual Servers, since they have a "listening on ###.###.###.###" setting. By default they listen on every ip bound to the active adapters, but it would be worth checking anyway.

ShackDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back