Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling Win2k Svr Ed...PLS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyattnick

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2002
PG
Hi,

I was able to install Win2k Server Edition on This Compaq Prolient ML330G2. I configured its RAID to RAID1 (Mirrored disks), which means I made the disks as dynamic disks.

Due to reasons beyond my control, the Administrator password was somehow misplaced. Luckily, this server hasn't been used yet. Therefore I am thinking of deleting the partitions (NTFS formatted) and reinstalling Windows 2000 again.

Will there be any danger or problems with that, especially since the disks have already been switched from basic to dynamic disks?

Please help me?

Thanks in advance.

wyatt

I don't think there has any dangers or problems, If you have all drivers of your server, and if your RAID 1 was hardware. ------------------------------------
--^^If you think you can you can^^--
------------------------------------

If it IS a brand new install that has not served any function as yet you may find the simplest solution is to re-install everything, including the disk setup, from scratch. Otherwise you may want to consider using LC3 (now LC4 available) from @Stake to recover the existing administrator password. You can get LC4 here:
Robin Ptasiuk
Technetex Canada Robin Ptasiuk
robin.ptasiuk@technetex.ca

MCSE, MCT

I tend to agree with icuc88, I've worked on a lot of screwed up computers in the last two years as a small business tech, The easiest and surest way to get the job done right and with as little time as possible is to Wipe the sucker clean and start over. (As long as you don't have to save data.)

BLixx
I=PRT

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your assistance in this.

-wyatt-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back