Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling Intranet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubomber

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
I have an issue with the RWW site. I asked a buddy to help me get PHP working on my bros SBS 2003 R2 server so he could host a site that used PHP. Well, in doing so, my buddy accidentally messed up the RWW site. I got parts of it working again but there are some areas that are not working. Like when you try to check your email through the OWA link, you get a blank page. Well, there are a few other things and i am just wondering if reinstalling intranet would be faster and better way to get things cleared up. They do not use Sharepoint yet so that is not a big deal. Will reinstalling intranet fix these RWW issues?

Thanks again for any replies.

No, you need to rebuild the Exchange folders.

Before you installed PHP did you back up the web site? Did you try a system state restore?

If the above does not fix things, full rebuild steps are here:
I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

markdmac, thank you for the reply and links. that was just what i needed. fairly simple fix. I did not know that exchange would recreate the folders like that.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back