Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling CP 100 on a CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostretired

Vendor
Jan 20, 2004
I just installed a CP 100 Ver 2.0 on an existing CICS. Everything works fine except cannot forward calls to the CP on a Rings DA. F985 brings up the B2 DN instead of the B1 DN and I can not forward calls No Answer.
I have tried changing the CICS ports the CP is on and F985 always brings up the B2 DN. Everything else works, calls are answered by the AA, routed properly but will not reach a mailbox on a no answer. I tried changing ports on the CICS with the same result.
Oddly, calls into the Auto Attendant and the caller presses * and a DN/mailbox number (they're the same) go through to the mailbox just fine.
If I call forward to the B1 DN calls just ring and ring. I cannot enter the B2 DN that F985 gives me into the CICS. It takes the first digit but not the second.
I've probably done 75 to 100 of these and never seen this before.

Any one have any suggestions?

As this system came from another location, I did do the REINSTALL to drop from 3 to 2 digit DNs.

I was back at the site today. The CP is release 01 and the CICS is 2.0. I have tried using different ports on the CICS for the CP and also tried removing the F98- feature codes and then re-booting. Still has the CP taking the B2 DN which cannot be input for Call Forward No Answer. If I point it at the associated B1 DN then it rings forever and does not go to voicemail.
I'll probably just replace the CP100. Am I limited to a certain software level to match a CICS 2.0?

The CP is release 01"

Best to post software level and not release when comes to Nortsar unless requested otherwise.

Any CO software 1.5 and up should work on 2.0 CICS.

Maybe bad port on the CP, hook up the laptop and use hyper terminal to see what going on.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back