Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling 2008R2 Express after downgrade from Windows 10 to 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeDa

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
NL
I have just downgraded from Windows (where SQL Server 2008 R2 Express and Management Studio were running fine). When I run x64_ENU + SQLEXPR_x64_ENU I get the following error message during "Setup support files" (with ExecuteStandartTimingsWorkflow apparently the current task) and cannot go further:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup
The following error has occured: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.42",type="win32-policy", processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"'.

Any suggestions welcome

last time I got that type of error on support files only solution (after trying numerous "fixes" available on the net) was to completely reinstall windows

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

No more hopeful suggestions have turned up; I fear I shall indeed have to do this!

Not sure if at all relevant, but I have a user who downgraded to Windows 7 after having upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 , and it completely corrupted their windows install, especially the registry.

This stopped them from being able to install Office again.

In the end, the only way we could resolve the problem was to perform a factory reset back to Windows 7.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Quite agree; I have had sundry other problems as well as this one. A clean re-install of Windows 7 does seem to be the only option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back