Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalled proxy, now not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calb

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
GB
We've been having problems with MS Proxy 2 on Win 2K server.
Everytime we reset the serve, the Web Socks and Web Proxy serivces wouldn't start. It seemed like a corrupted file somewhere, so we re-installed proxy. Now no one can connect to the internet. If I by pass the proxy I can connect directrly to the internet so I know that works. When go through the Proxy it looks like it's trying to connect, but very slow. I can ping web sites while using proxy. There seems to be a conflict with code somewhere. Before proxy connected to port 80, now it's trying to connect to port 81. If I change a client to port 81 it works, but it should be on port 80. Is there some scripts I should be looking for? If I click on Client configuration it comes up saying there is some new settings, say ok to this then changes it to port 81, if I say no the port is at 80, but doesn't work. Hellllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back