Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstall NAV 8.1 on reimaged server...what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalcandy

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2003
US
I have ~80 clients on version 8.1 connecting to one physical server. I need to reimage the server for various reasons, and I'd like to know if I need to back any of the NAV data up on the server.

Do I need to do anything in regards to the NAV server software such as backup and restore any type of database, logs, or config files, or can I just reimage the server, and then just reinstall NAV server?

If you grab a fresh image, and lay it down on a new machine, you won't need to reinstall any application. You may need to change drivers if the hardware is different.

I'm only concered about the affects of NAV server software not anything else. I understand the implicatiosn of reimaging a server as it pertains to drivers, Windows SID, and other such things.

Sorry, when you mention reimaging a server and then ask what data needs backed up and what software will need to be reinstalled, I assume you don't understand what an image is.

I dont remember if version 8.1 uses certificates - if there is a PKI folder in the Symantec directory - make sure to back that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back