Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reinitializing call pilot in BCM 400 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I used the quick start wizard to reinitialize a 400 to change the DN length from three to four digits for networking reasons on a system I'm getting ready to install.
What do I have to do to reinitialize the call pilot so I can change the DN length in it to match the system. I can't find a place to do it in the call pilot itself, and the wizard says it's already initalized and won't touch it.

If you go to my website FAQS you will find the procedure there.

Marshall

Mrmarshall,

How do I get to your web site? Can you email me a link to harry@partyplace.com ?

Thanks

We had this exact same problem when we delivered a fully programmed BCM400 to a customer site and the customer stated, oh yeah, by the way I want 4 digits per extension instead of the default 3. After a deep gulp, and restrained aggression, we said, ok, mr customer.

Actually, you did not have to use the Quick Install Wizard in order to increase the digits per extension on the phones. It is actually a very easy and surprisingly quick step within the Unified Manager. Sorry you had to reprogram everything in the Unified Manager after performing the Quick Install Wizard for something that did not require you to wipe everything out.

In the Unified Manager:

BCM -> Services -> General Settings -> DN Lengths -> Drop down list of all possible DN lengths.

Once that setting is changed, by the time you walk to the nearest phone and do a F*0 Intercom key it will have updated. You will notice that whatever what the first digit was will be duplicated and become the first and second digit.

But of course, Call Pilot will not keep up with that step. The only way to make Call Pilot realize that there is now an increased number of digits is to re-initialize it.

To reinitialize Call Pilot, do the following procedure:

WARNING: EVERYTHING CALL PILOT RELATED WILL BE ZEROED OUT.
ALL MAILBOXES, GONE. ALL AUTO ATTENDENT INFO, GONE.
ALL CALL CENTER EVERYTHING, GONE. EVERYTHING CALL PILOT RELATED WILL HAVE TO BE REPROGRAMMED. SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD NOTES TO REPROGRAM WITH.

Perform the following feature from any system DN phone:

F982
PSWD: 67372867 (OPERATOR)
PRESS 'OPER' SOFT KEY
ATDT AVAIL: N, PRESS 1
PSWD: 734678255 (REINSTALL)
OK
RESET DATABASE? YES (NO GOING BACK NOW!)
RESETTING .....
SYSTEM READY

The next time you access the Call Pilot Manager, you will be presented with the Call Pilot version of its own quick start wizard, just like you see straight out of the box.

Have fun and be careful!

Marc

Thanks soloeagle for the extensive info.
I used Unified Manager to change the system because I decided to change the template from PBX to DID and I hadn't built very much into it at that point.
I was surprised that there wasn't a web-based reinitialization for the call pilot in the BCM because everything else is web based basically (you can do limited programming using feature ** system)
I knew about the F982 from MICS and CICS, but didn't even think of that with the BCM.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back