Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regular and overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardHammerman

Instructor
Oct 11, 2001
US
I need to create a payroll report that separates employees' hours into regular and overtime.
The employees go out on service jobs (dispatches). Each dispatch will have a start and end time. I've already calculated the number of hours for each dispatch. For example, 3.50 hours. Regular time is the number of hours prior to 40 hours in a week. Overtime is the remainder in a week. Some employees work less than 40 hours. A dispatch can have hours in both categories if the prior dispatch was just under 40 hours.
I've grouped the data by employee and week and sorted it by date. I have a formula field, runtot, that accumulates the hours. All would be great if I could use the previous function to get the previous running total for each dispatch. Crystal won't allow it. Not sure why.
I suspect that the solution would be to create an array, but that eludes me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Howard Hammerman,
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site classes and one-on-one coaching
Low-cost telephone/email support

I'm not clear on how this would be structured. Are you trying to get to something like this:

Jimmy Day Reg OT
Monday 10
Tuesday 11
Wednesday 10
Thusrday 9 1
Friday 0 10

I believe that I've figured it out.

Emp date hours reg ot
1 1-Sep 8 8 0
1 2-Sep 8 8 0
1 3-Sep 10 10 0
1 4-Sep 10 10 0
1 5-Sep 8 4 4
1 6-Sep 4 0 4

Note that on 9/5 the hours were split between regular and overtime and that on 9/6 all the hours went to overtime.
I did a test on the running total and was able to split between the two types of time.

Howard Hammerman,
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site classes and one-on-one coaching
Low-cost telephone/email support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back