Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

regsvr32 no DLL name specified

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokkit99

Technical User
May 30, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a machine that was recently upgraded from Windows 95 to Windows 98 SE. Some files had to be removed to create room for the upgrade.

The reason to upgrade to 98 was to install a larger hard drive and be able to get the full size of the partition.

Now when the computer boots up and gets to the desktop, I get a message box with an error message that says regsv32 - no DLL name specified. Inside the box there is a couple of suggested commands (/switches). There is however over 2000 dll files on the computer and it does not tell me which one. All I can do is click ok on a the message box to close it.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

rokkit99

regsvr32 is a utily to register dll's with the system. This should not be running at startup. Look in MSconfig and your startup folder for this. You might also want to do a full virus scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back