Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry settings won't download from NDS Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekrabnai

Technical User
Sep 28, 2000
GB
I am running Netware 4.11 on my servers and windows NT4 on the Workstations and I am using Zenworks to distribute and run the applications.

When a user logs in and clicks on the Internet explorer Icon in the Launcher, the system should download some files to the workstation and then make some registry changes.

All that seems to be happening is that the files are downloaded, but the registry changes do not disribute.
I have used the 'Distribute Always' and the 'Create Always' options set in the NAL, but to no avail.....any ideas????

NT and WIN2K won't allow registry modifications UNLESS the user that is logged in IS a local administrator.

you can solve this by using Novell Workstaion Manager...or

if you have a domain,
Add DOMAINNAME\DOMAIN USERS to the local administrators group.

You can use netdom.exe to do this....

Look up the above....

I bet if you log in as a local administrator equivalent..those objects work for you

Do you use Dynamic Local User to authenticate users to the workstation? If so, check the settings and ensure that the users are members of either the Administrators group or Power Users group.

Please also post the registry entries you are having problems with. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back