Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry fix for popups in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

azpctech01

Technical User
May 6, 2003
US
Hi All...

Not long ago I read somewhere about a registry fix to stop popups in IE6..does anyone know where I can find it?

I believe you misread something somewhere.

You need to add something to your system. The Google taskbar with pop-up blocking is a decent free choice:
If you are using XP by late Summer, 2004 Service Pack 2 for XP will have an enhanced firewall and popup blocker as native tools under XP. If you are adventurous, you can use the Release Candidate now:

This is not going to be good at all. One of the things that I work with at work needs to have any type of popup blocker disabled or it causes alot of problems..

Thanks for that link Bcastner !!

It is a great heads up for this summer...

Randy, most pop-up blockers offer a "White list" feature. You enter the sites where you do not want a pop-up block to occur.

Bill

Hey Bill... Can you explain this to a User that just nows how to click on the Big Blue E on the screen, what a White list is... That is what I will be trying to do when I have to do with Hosts file, trusted Sites, etc...

Man, some people should not touch computers !!!

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back