Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry entry for Paradox Net Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

alhmn

Programmer
Feb 25, 2006
AU
thread101-1447703

I am now using C++Builder 6 Pro and have finally figured out the InstallShield usage.

It has a Registry entry and I have tested using it and it works great.

I set the DATABASEDIR in the General Information section to [CommonAppDataFolder]\MyProg. Database files are then installed to that directory. I also use DATABASEDIR in the Registry Setting to locate the Database with the program. In the program I read the Registry and set it as the Database for my database components. Works great.

Lee - you suggested setting the NetDir in the Registry.

I am not sure what I should use for the Paradox Driver - <Driver Name> - that you suggested??

In the InstallShield Registry Setting I can select the Registry Root etc and add the keys needed by Right Clicking the Root and the following keys that are added until the structure is there.

Should i just use the word 'Paradox' for the <Driver Name>? Or where can I find out what the Paradox Driver is?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

OK - Have figured it all out.

C++Builder 6 is 10 year old but with trial and error have set up the InstallShield to do a full installation of the database and folders. Though the folder options in the InstallShield are a bit out of date for what is used today they are still usable enough to meet my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back