Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSql

Programmer
Jul 16, 2000
US
I need to add a key to all my users registry in my Citrix environment. What's the best way to approch this.

I am running crystal report in Citrix environment. When I export the reports to Text there is an option to prompt the users to set up the CharPerInch. This prompt option by default is setup in the registry "PromptAgain" to 0 need to change to 1. Some users dont have this option at all. Basically I need to create a whole set of Key in the registy.
I have created a key for Default Users HKEY_USERS, then deleted the whole profile for the user relogged back in, I didnt had any luck. I have addred that Key also under HKEY_LOCAL, HKEY_CURRNT still dont have any luck. Some how the registy option to prompt is not rcognized by the system .
Any suggestion would be great.
Thanks
Varghese

Here is a thered of my issues.

Dr. Sql
vpathisseril@yahoo.com
Good Luck.

What OS are you on? If it is W2K you can creat an admin template and set a group policy for the key. Another way is to use the old POLEDIT and create a policy for all users. Then open regedt32 and goto load hive, load the .pol file from the policy you created and add the key under the users.

Hi,

Set it up in your environment, the find that particular registry key, using RegEdit.exe.

Once you've got it, export it to a .reg file with an appropriate name. Save it into ?:\Winnt

From your usrlogon.cmd file in ?:\Winnt\System add a line into there, near the top but after the @Echo Off reading:-
Regdit /S ?:\Winnt\Filename.reg

When EVERY user logs in, their registry will be amended and when running Crystal, it should do what you want!

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back