Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registry commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitch003

Programmer
Jan 6, 2003
US
HI, May i ask for a simple summary of registry commands, or a link to some?? also, i need to be able to read strings from the registry after i save the strings. thanx
-glitch

There's the MFC classes and there's the API calls (RegQueryValueEx etc.). If you move to the RegQueryValueEx in the MSDN there will be a link to all registry functions at the bottom of the page.
Greetings,
Rick

Try your help files for RegOpenKeyEx, RegCreateKeyEx, RegSetValueEx, and RegCloseKey.

I think these have been superceded by "Profile" equivalents, but your VC++ help should be able to direct you to the new routines.

Rose/Miros

only problem is that i dont actually have VC++, because i dont have enough money to buy it..... I use DEV C++ and i use ths forum as a general c++ forum..

Then check out the MSDN on microsoft, its free of charge and if you enter one of them Reg functions you will be able to see and read all you need to know about them.

Greetings,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back