Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2001
US
I don't really understand what's going on. I had Arcserver successfully registered however I decided to move it on to a different volume due to some space issues. I uninstalled is and installed it to the location where I wanted it. I went through the RegisterIT software to re-register each of the products which it said was successful. However my application log keeps getting notices that a CA product is not registered. The only thing I was wondering does the RegisterIT software need to be on the same volume?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Hi
You can run RegIT from any place but you have to put in your account that the default path for license folder is ca_lic is c:\ and get a seccessful license is to to change it change the path before the inatllation to do this :

1- copy the folder x:\IntelNT to your Hard disk
2- go to x:\IntelNT\license\WKG (in your Hard disk)
3-remove read only from the file install.rsp
4-chnage the default path to whatever path your want
5-run RegIt.exe from the new path you specifed above

This is should solves your problem

regards,
mohammdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back