Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registration page Crashes Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunGuy

MIS
Sep 15, 1999
US
I run a website with NT Server with all service packs, patches, hot fixes, and everything else you can do to secure IIS, etc. I use ASPLogin for user authentication. Everything works on the site except when a new user tries to register, it generates a BSOD indicating a HAL problem. Note that when I register as a new user at the server itself, it works fine -- it is only when I try to register over the internet that it crashes the server. All other functions work fine over the web such as searches and logging in, etc. I am thinking it has something to do with the new network adaptor/driver (Linksys LNE100TX on PCI), but have not been able to figure it out. I use the latest driver off their website. The crash occurs when you try to open the Registration page of the website. Any thoughts out there?

HI!

The blue screens are commonly related to hardware/drivers and OS and not to specific applications and services.
So I also agree that the network adapter and driver are in question.
Have you looked at LinkSys support for it?
Try using an older driver if available, and also replace the network adapter, so you can eliminate it.

The problem might also be related to the disk system.
You can try adding an IDE drive to the server and place a copy of the site there, then try again.

Maybe the registration site uses SSL, and your problem is somehow related to the SSL files and configuration and not directly to your site?

Maybe the registration page uses some kind of data access (ofcourse it does..),
and this causes the problem? Try installing the latest MDAC from
And check configuration and files for your data access method,
try a different data access techniqe if aplicable.

When you find the solution - tell us...

Hoping that love and common sense will win the new world war..

Bye

Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back