Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

registration call server to UCM is aborted

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeHadronCollider0

Technical User
Dec 20, 2007
IT
Hello everyone,

I have a system cs1000e rel. 6.0 with external primary server.
After changing the IP addresses does not work anymore because the call server is not registered to UCM and the node is not synchronized with the primary server.
I tried to do even register ucmsecurity system but the response is as follows:

The Call Server was unable to request membership in the security domain. Synchronization with other elements aborted.

=>
SEC098 This element has failed to request membership in the security domain

I'm desperate, I tried everything, may depend on what?

Thanks

I had such an event happened to me where I tried to register the Call Server over the WAN to a standalone COTS Server NRS which is also the Primary Security Server/UCM. It failed like yours.
You might want to re-install the UCM server again.

A lot of people reading anything to do with UCM on release 6, may not realise just how different the security is now!. Forget "local" accounts (PWD 1 / 2 PDT 1/2 etc) as the UCM acts as a Radius Server.

It's so important to plan the E & T LAN IP structure before hand when setting up the linking of elements. If you have DNS Servers, then make sure that your sites are added in there otherwise you won't be able to get the certificates to be generated correctly.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

And by all means, have the FQDN ready before installation. This can't be changed after UCM is installed without a reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back