Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registration and licensing of storage nodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancevo1956

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2008
RS
Ok, I have problem with licence. Let say that I have the same number of licences and the number of storage dedicated nodes. I have to get rid off one storage node but I have to create new one. Ok, I have created new registration on Networker Administration (I do not have LLC program it seem to me that I have to have license to install it). New Storage node with a new temporarily licence works, but registration is only temporarily. Now, the important part, how to delete the registration for the specific storage node I do not need anymore? I know that there is hostID at Configuration - Registration, but with Devices - Storages nodes I do not have hostID to know which registration- licence belongs to the particular storage node.

On the top of that I have at the browsing pane :
Storage Nodes / 21
Dedicated Storage Node/46

What is the meaning of 21 and 46?

What I was looking for is if it is possible put old enabler code and Auth code from the old storage node (server) to a new one?

On the top of that, I have one license for MSSQL - one server only. I do not want old server (storage node) to be backed up, but the new server with new application to be backed up.

How can update that type of licencing to establish new server to be assocaiated with that MSSQL license? If it is done automaticaly how can I be sure that the new server is license?

The number 'usually' refers to the license type. There is a difference between the two SN licenses:
- Storage Nodes / 21
Can receive data from any client
- Dedicated Storage Node/46
Can receive data only from the local host (client)

To release a SN license, you must deconfigure its remote devices.

To release a client module license, uninstall the NW module software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back