Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Registering MDB Via ODBCAD32.exe in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyck3

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) and trying to register my x.mdb file on this system so I can make updates via my ASP pages. However I'm unable to get this darn DB to register. I've scoured the internet and found out where to FIND the odbac32.exe file and have a shortcut on my desktop.

I have registered db's before on XP w/o an issue. I've done everything the same as on my XP box at work but here its not working... how do I know this? When I pull up the site on my local machine it pulls up just fine but all of the fields show the scripting or ASP code and I'm told that is because the DB is not properly registered.

So I thought that maybe (after reading) that I might need 7 Professional... so I paid the Microsoft Store $97.xx to update my Home version to Professional thinking the networking stuff might matter ... this was a download.. yeahsureright.... This Automatic Update is simply a new "KEY". If you didn't know.... should you have WIndows 7 on your system you have ALL VERSIONS, it just depends on the key how much of it is released or useable....

So now I have Professional and I have the same darn problem.

If this is not the right forum, shoot me... I've been working on this for weeks now and I'm about ready to pull an Elvis (and his TV) and I don't even have the means with which to do that....

HELP!!

LadyCK3
aka: Laurie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back