Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Register non-Avaya SIP handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
GB
We are looking to put out some handsets to be used at first aid points etc. Looking at a red (not avaya) SIP handset that will autodial a number when taken off hook.

Created a profile for it in SMGR with communication profile password, communication address = 'Other SIP' and session manager with no app sequences assigned. Assume as it's not Avaya SIP and won't support PPM I don't need to create a CM station for it?

When the phone registers it gets the standard register & 401 message but on the second register it gets a 403-Unauthorized

This SOLN seems to indicate the SM profile is wrong:

Am I missing something for non Avaya SIP registrations?

Have created a CM endpoint for it, wasn't sure what station type so went with AvyaSIP and set the password to be the same as the communication profile password in SMGR

Have tried registering using the MicroSIP softphone and still getting a 403-Forbidden(Unauthorized) in traceSM but MicroSIP is saying "incorrect password

The CM station form password is irrelevant. You would set that in the SMGR communication profile password. I'm confused as to why you are trying to use MicrosSIP softphone and not use Avaya Workplace.

You need the CM station, you should specify an Avaya SIP address too.

The CM station/sequence are the only way you will be able to retain traditional PBX control over the station. Things like COR/COS/TN and so on apply through your app sequence. Other things, like routing, also play through this. Treat it like an analog station on your PBX.

That 403 is because your comm profile password doesn't match what you are providing. It is normal to see a 403 once or twice before registration also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back