Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Register and consume a .NET dll with Classic ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljwilson

Programmer
May 1, 2008
US
I have tried to register and consume a .NET dll with plain classic asp (Server.CreateObject). I think I have registered the DLL correctly (it shows up in Component Services just fine and gave me some error messages when the authentication wasn't setup properly), but I can't seem to get classic asp to reference the DLL with the Server.CreateObject method.

Here is the error message I get:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80070002'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/newlogin.asp, line 10

Here is my code:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">[/URL]

<html xmlns="[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">[/URL]
<head>
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
<%
Dim mylogin 
Set mylogin = Server.CreateObject("Security.Login")
Response.Write mylogin.DoLogin("MyUsername","MyPassword")
%>
</body>
</html>

The DLL components do have a method called DoLogin and the spelling and case is correct.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Well, I got this partially working. I had to include the /codebase option for regasm and then add the application in component services and then add the components and it worked!!! Sort of anyway. I am still having issues with accessing functions in the .NET assembly that are polymorphic (overrides of the original function). I get an error that the parameters are not correct.

Any ideas of changes I can make to the COM setup so that I can access overridden functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back