Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regional implementation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgebackharley

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2005
US
I am looking to implement MSTR in Europe accross multiple countries and want to centralize the system as much as possible while at the same time delegating most of the functionality to each country. By this I mean that I want to consolidate hardware and database in 1 location and then have each country connect to their own instance. Is there a common model of such a configuration?

Given the above statement, would it be possible to have one MSTR intellegence server with multiple instances or will each Intell. Svr. need its own server? If they need their own server per Intell. Svr., has anyone used Blade servers to accomplish this. I am looking at 7 countries.

What do you mean by "their own instance"? If you want to have a separate metadata repository for each country then that will dictate that you need a separate server for each instance of Intelligence Server and nothing will be shared amongst them. If you decide to keep everyone on the same metadata then you could do everything with one server. If having one server is not powerfull enough you could always look into clustering them also.

In my own opinion, if you are planning for such a large number of customers, you want to have some guarantees from MicroStrategy.... You don't want them to change everything on you at the next release.... So.... Have their consulting team give you the "recommended" approach, you will garantee yourself a safe migration path _and_ can blame them if something changed! :)

2 cents,
FLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back