Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regenerate Material Plan "freeze" at Merging remaining order??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbechard

Programmer
Jun 22, 2009
CA
It is the second time I start the Regenerate Material Plan process today and it seems to "freeze" in the Merging Remaining Order section. I waited for more than 1 hour each attempts and I had to manually close the MRP Process Status window. Of course closing this window does not generate anything in the mrreqfil_sql table so I can't run the Requirements by date report. Both attempt stop at the same item. It was working fine last week. What could cause this issue? The only difference between last week and this week is we entered a few sales order.

Thanks for your help

Run a file validation report on the IMITMIDX, IMINVLOC and BMPRDSTR tables. Pay clse attention to this item it is freezing on. Fix EVERY error. Note the item that is displayed when it freezes it not necesarrily the item that is the problem. Any large Macola report or process, as it flips through the records before producing output, will only show you every 20th or so record, for performance purposes. It would take a lot longer if the processing screen showed you every single record. For this reason you should fix EVERY error on the file validation reports.

Also I don't know if you are doing this regularly, but reset low level codes.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

The file validation returns no error now. I fixed all the errors it said. Unfortunately, it does not seems to help because the MRP still freeze in the Merging Remaining Order.

I always checked the option Reset Low Level Codes when running the MRP.

What else I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

What options do you have selected in MRP setup? In terms of what modules are being copied into MRP? Do you know what type of order it was merging when it locked up?

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Initialize all MRP files except the MRP setup file and try the regen again.

I select "A" in the dropdown list for the "Formula for Quantity available" option.

In the Regeneration Options, I select all except "Calc Serial Lot..." and "Use Scrap Factor..." options.

I don't understand when you say "Initialize all MRP files except the MRP setup file". Can you please explain more?

Go to system manager, processes, initialize manufacturing, mrp files and check every box except the mrctlfil box.

OK. I am feeling stupid but I can't find System Manager. You are not talking about System tab, I guess.

My bad I assumed you were using Macola Progression. Macola ES does not offer the ability to initialize tables in the same way as Progression. In ES, go to the system tab, company, table list. On each of the tables that begin with "mr", you need to delete all records in that table with the exception of the mrctlfil_sql table. To do this you will have to individually go to the records tab of each of these tables and hit the "delete all" button.

Get a good backup first, but I have seen this work with Progression. The regen will rebuild these tables. Just to play it safer, you might try this in a test company first.

Also you should consider trying to run a regen (without deleting records) from the Delta Bike database. If it runs without locking up, this points to corrupted data in your database.

Let us know your results.

OK. I have deleted all records from the mr* tables except for the mrctlfil_sql. I start the Regenerate MRP and still freeze at the same place. You said that it might be a corrupted data in the database. I guess it would be a bad sales order because that is the only thing that have been added since the last time it worked and the first time it freeze. So, how can I find which sale order is causing the issue?

Check the date fields in the oeordlin table.

There was 2 sales orders with missing value in date fields. I fixed it and ran the MRP. Everything is working now.

Thank you all for your precious help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back