Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding WSUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

siqbal75

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2005
US
Hello,

Does any one know why I am getting this error message in Even viewer.

The SelfUpdate Tree is not working. Clients may not be able to update to the latest WUA client software and communicate with the WSUS Server.

I also noticed that on main page of WSUS console, this error message shows up,

One or more Update Service components could not be contacted. Check your server status and ensure that the Windows Server Update Service is running. Non-running services: SelfUpdate

but if I restart the update services under services, this message goes away for 7 min, but comes again.

Any thoughts...

thanks so much..It turns out that it really was a permissions issue. I had to change permissions from Program files folder onword and made sure I added the Internet guest account user all the way. I also added that user WSUS admins group. Now it seems to be working fine.

Thanks again for your help. Its a pitty that Microsoft makes something easier (well, suppose to be), but it turns out to be the most painful thing:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back