Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding Sending Emails FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirudhadeo

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
IN
Hi,
I have gone thru the FAQ for sending Emails ,Its really interesting .I tried it but I am getting the error class not found.I think its not able to find \oracle\plsql\net\tcpconnection.class.

Now question is what shall I do to check this prob.

Regards Anirudha

Perhaps you haven't installed the Java Virtual machine on your database yet. Here is a link that has some instructions.
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.quest-pipelines.com/newsletter-v2/sending-email.htm[/URL]

Relevent info extracted from that article:
Code:
In essence, there are 3 scripts you need to run to install the JVM. These are:

$ORACLE_HOME\javavm\install\initjvm.sql, 

$ORACLE_HOME\javavm\install\init_jis.sql and 

$ORACLE_HOME\javavm\install\initplsj.sql
As I recall, when I did this I had to up my SHARED_POOL_SIZE and JAVA_POOL_SIZE parameters significantly to get this to work. Before increasing these there was some error in running the initjvm.sql script and the reason for the failure was not clear at all. After the JVM is installed, you can reduce these paramaters back to something close to their original values (if you had to up them). I think the JAVA_POOL_SIZE needs to be at least 50 MB and the SHARED_POOL_SIZE needs to be at least 65 MB. There should also be 50 MB free space in the SYSTEM tablespace and an extra 250 MB of rollback segment space. If you get memory errors when running these scripts, try increasing the two pool sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back