Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regarding Music on hold (M.O.H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhananjayak

Technical User
Feb 22, 2006
DE
product family:Nortel option 11c
SECC(symposium express call center)

problem related to music on hold one project having 4 ACD agents while agents putting call on hold music should play from Miran card but its not working in ACD configuration music route defined from Miran card
cutomer having Xcoti card configured for MOH for IPLC route in this same route they have incoming and outing calls in this route they have direct DID landing calls without ACD and ACD agents will have incoming calls from same route here MOH route defined from Xcoti card currently MOH playing from Xcoti card including ACD agents but cutomer wants play for MOH for ACD agents from Miran card only

MOH in SECC is done in the call routing and btw this post should be in Symposium section.

have you tested the miran moh without the symposium in the picture? 1st i would make sure it is a working moh route before i looked at the symposium.. give music statement is seldom the root cause.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i would pick a route that i can dial in to for testing, here that would be my local did's. change that rdb to look at the miran moh route as a music source.. dial out and back in, put it on hold... now you know you have a good miran mus route... it could be as simple as targ or assignment on the miran.. since it could as well be a symposium issue. test each link... mus route 1st

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Dear John,

Let me explain clearly, we have a IPLC link with incoming and outgoing facility. We configured some Agents and routed the incomings calls to a CDN which will be forwarded to the Symbosium Express Call Center 4. We are using Miran for playing the welcome msg and hold message(which will play the product details to customer). Now we added Music Route and connected a MOH. Parelly there is some user's using the same IPLC link for making outgoing calls.

Now the requirement is when there is a incoming call (only for the Agents) if the callers put on hold they should get the Music Message from Miran.Insted of that they are getting Music from MOH. While making outgoing calls the called person getting the music from MOH without issue. We done changes in SECC for the same, still the hold music is from MOH for incoming calls. Kindly suggest and confirm if you required any data from my side.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhananjay.

that ones a little tough to see from here..check the mus route in the symposium script.. if that line is not there, insert it, making sure that the route is the miran.. i would call in via external to the acd, trac the trunk through the hold process to see the connection..

it could be a patch issue, if the symposium is scripted right

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back