Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Regaining communication w/ meridian option 1 switch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elanaclearcom

Technical User
Mar 14, 2023
US
Hi. I've lost all communication with an option 1 pbx switch due to a faulty network sdi card that got damaged when someone tripped and pulled out the pins via the null modem dongle. There was no way to disable card because it was yanked out unexpectedly. The card is a qpc 139b if that helps. So with that in mind there has been no communication with the switch whatsoever and cannot even get to a command prompt to regain entry to the switch. I've replaced the card but without communication how can I get the system to dump old card and download software to enable the new one? Without a command prompt I'm screwed....

option 1? I have come across 11, 51, 61, 71, 81 but not 1. If it is a large multi group system can you not just connect to the active CPU?

Yes. It's an 81 I believe. But how do i hook into the cpu of the switch when that card locked everything up? You see, it was not disabled via internal commands being it got yanked out of unit and destroyed. As soon as that happened the switch didn't go down but we lost any and all access to it. That card is a network sdi so I'm assuming it has a lot to do with intercommunication with the switch. Now my question is if I get a pcmcia card and download the drivers/ software to it and plug it in to unit will I be able to get the card functioning and if so do I disable the card via its button while doing this? Basically how do I go about doing it correctly without messing up any surrounding functions? I don't mess with this type of stuff usually, but it's my fiances biggest client and no one he's hired to get it running has succeeded and I'm bound and determined to repair the issue and show them all up. I've got the software etc needed downloaded to my phone via firebird scramblers site, now I need to know how to employ it and if this is going to do it? One last question. Does a network interface/ sdi card control intercommunication with the switch solely? Or at all? I mean that has to be the whole hitch in my giddy up being the switch ran like a dream one minute, then the cable pulled the card and pins out and the switch has been silent ever since. Like I said it still is up and running but cannot change and appoint lines and set time and date and all the miniscule chores that it takes to keep it going properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back