Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reg key to force "Track Name-Autocorrect" to OFF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hi all,
It seems like every time there's a windows update (probably which includes an Office 2003 update), my Access 2003 instance goes back to having that 'track name autocorrect' to default on. It used to be default off for new dbs.

Is there a registry key where I can prevent this from changing back to default on? I definitely never, ever, ever want this option on.

I could write a book full of Dennis Miller style Rants on how monumentally wrong and frightfully dangerous this option is in both implementation and even in general principle...but that's just my opinion...I could be wrong.
--Jim

In your startup form you may use the following VBA code:
Code:
Application.SetOption "Track Name AutoCorrect Info", False

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

phv,
Thanks, I was hoping for something more global though.

What happens is that I'll start a project and in the initial stages I'm doing a lot of re-working...then I notice that that darn option has done it's usual incomplete changes, leaving me and the project in a state of confusion. By the time I realize that option was making a mess it's too late.

It never used to be this way, it's only in the last 6 months or so that I've noticed this option is default-yes for new mdbs...it always used to be default-no.
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back