Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reg Ext going to CP as multiple mailboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpelingChampeon

Technical User
Oct 21, 2004
US
I have a request to have 7 people added as mailbox recipients to 1 line, each being separate from the other. Here is an example of the way they want it handled:

Everyone has X4555 and a rollever X2555 on their phone, but they do not have their own internal number or DID. If someone calls X4555 and they do not answer, they want the greeting to say "To leave Donna a message, press 1; To leave Bill a message, press 2; To leave...et etc.

About the only way I see this taking place is by building a menu in App Builder, and then segmenting it to misc phantom extensions, which would then be the mailbox. The big question is: Since these are all being fed by the 4555...how do I allow calls to ring at X4555 before sending it to Call Pilot as a menu?

Thanks

Build new mailboxes, build new application (menu) with mailbox options, add 4555 in SDN table (targeting the new application ID), and change the 4555 MARPed phone line's FDN and Hunt targets to go to your voice mail.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay in responding... I was on vacation last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back