Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing Form Data Based on View

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpereira

Programmer
Jun 29, 2000
US
Hi Everyone:<br><br>I hope someone can help.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have built a form based on a view which combines a few tables and a query.&nbsp;&nbsp;Maybe I'm thinking too much like Access.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a query which determines the &quot;Last&quot; year (i.e. 99-00) in a table.&nbsp;&nbsp;In a View I have used this query and joined it to a table in which I have filtered on active records.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have created another view using the results of this.&nbsp;&nbsp;This final view is the last view joined with a table which I do not wish the user to alter.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>My form works fine and does what I wish it to.&nbsp;&nbsp;My problem is this.&nbsp;&nbsp;I created an add button on the form which opens a popup form to select an ID number from the table I do not wish to alter.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then with the click of a button a record is added to several tables for the selected id.&nbsp;&nbsp;No problem with adding the record(using SQL and INSERT), but when I return to the original form how do I refresh the data.&nbsp;&nbsp;Maybe I'm going about this in a long drawn out way.&nbsp;&nbsp;I tried just creating one view using all of the tables mentioned above, but the think was as slow as molasses.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Any way, in access it's simply a matter of me.requery to refresh data, but things in this program seem convoluted to me.&nbsp;&nbsp;I guess I don't understand how things are handled in Foxpro.&nbsp;&nbsp;HELP!!!<br><br>Karen

FoxPro uses a Requery() also when the underlying table(s) changes.&nbsp;&nbsp;You update the underlying tables with TableUpdate().&nbsp;&nbsp;If the underlying table(s) is buffered you have what is called double buffering.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not sure if you're underlying tables are buffered but if so they need TableUpdate() too. <p>John Durbin<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

Thanks so much.&nbsp;&nbsp;This forum is fantastic.&nbsp;&nbsp;Help is nearly immediate!<br><br>Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back