Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing a System Tray Tool Tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2thompson

Programmer
Dec 2, 2003
GB
Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I am having regarding the System Tray.
I have successfully added an icon to the system tray. The icon has a tool tip so that when the mouse hovers over is, a value used in the program is displayed.

The problem I have is this: is it possible to have the tool tip update dynamically.

Allow me to elaborate, when the mouse is over the tool tip, the values in the program are being constantly updated (by a timer, every second), however the tool tip text only shows the values when it was first displayed. In order to get the 'new' values on the tool tip text, you have to move the mouse away from the tool tip and then hover over it again.

Is there a way to solve this, i.e. to have the tool tip 'refresh' dynamically on the screen each time?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back