Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing a report before printing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRHatBSSS

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2005
US
Hey folks,

Should be a simple task but...

In a small application the user has the ability to decide a few characteristics of the fields to be printed in a report cover (what font size, bold: yes / no, Italic: yes / no).

Problem is although I’m changing the properties for the fields (using the On Activate event trap) the final print it’s not affected, I mean, the fields print with the default properties set and not the ones changed based on the values established by the user.

By the way, the report is open using “DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal”, so it does not show on the screen before being printed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

LRH

L.R. Humberto

If you don't know where you are going to, doesn't matter how fast you are going, you'll never get there.

Open the report in design view.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thx, PHV, but I need to avoid that. That idea is to click a button and have the cover printed, no preview.

L.R. Humberto

If you don't know where you are going to, doesn't matter how fast you are going, you'll never get there.

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewDesign, , ,acHidden
' Stuff changing the properties for the fields here
DoCmd.Close acReport, stDocName, acSaveYes
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Hi PH,

Thx again, but that did not solved the problem either.

Anyway, I found the solution: I used the On Format trap event for the section where the affected fields are placed and it worked just fine.

Again, thx for your time.

L.R. Humberto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back