Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

refreshing a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

sync123

Programmer
Jul 20, 2003
US
Hi ,
I have a form that the user uses to enter information into a table. When they click the submit button on my form a record gets inserted into the table. Now I want to refresh all the fields in my form so that the user can start entering information about the next record.

I searched the forums and I found that I could call refresh or repaint on the form . I tried both but that doesn't work seem to work. I want all the text in the form fields to be blank again. I am sure there is an easy way to do this.Can someone please help me out?

Sounds like you will just need to create an "Add New Record" button.

Select the command button from the toolbox and the wizard will display. Now record operations/add new record. next, next...

should be the trick.

Regards,
ccburn

hi,
thanks for the help. I actually found my answer on another thread. I just had to set all my controls of type txtbox and listbox to null. That did the trick!
sync123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back