Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing a Form during a procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinicod

Programmer
Sep 9, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a procedure that loops round and fills 3 list boxes.

during the procedure I want to be able to see the values that are being entered into the list boxes in real time.

I have tried refreshing and repainting the form at the end of each loop, but nothing seems to work - ie I can only see the results once the procedure has finished processing.

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved,

Skincod.

Try placing a DoEvents at the end of each loop, or even inside of each loop.

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

This doesn't work either - incidently this seems only to effect listboxes - I just tried a similar thing with a text box which works fine. Any other ideas??

Okay now Im really freaked... I decided to do an experiment and change the background colour depending on which stage in the loop I was at - the list box now changes colour during the loop, but the information still remains allusive until the sub has finished...

Good Idea Flyover, I am away for the next week but will let you know how I got on.

My current solution has been to create text boxes that look like the list boxes and populate these as well as the listboxes during the procedure. At the begining of the procedure I make the text boxes visible and the list boxes invisible, and then swop them round at the end.

This however is a bit of a drama, so I will try out your suggestion and see if I can get it to work without the text boxes,

Cheers,

Skinicod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back