Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refreshing a form after Changing its queryDef 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custardptt

Technical User
Jan 12, 2005
GB
Hi all,

I’ve been creating custom queries by assembling an SQL string in VB and setting it as a query’s querydef. I was hoping to be able to use this technique in a continuous form with controls in the form header being used to create custom Queries for display in the Detail section. This would allow the user to create much more elaborate queries that is possible with a filter.

However if I change the querydef of the query associated with a form, the form will not reflect these changes until it is closed and reopened. This seems a little messy, is there a better way of getting the form to show this data?

Many Thanks

Pete

Instead of modify a QueryDef play with the RecordSource property of the subform.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back