Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

refresh resubmitting data problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkat

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
US
Hey,
I have 1 asp pages. page1 is a form and page2 is the page that submits the data from page1 to a database, and redisplays the contents of the database. My problem is this: when i complete the form on page1 and hit submit, i get page2 displaying all of the data in my database including the new data i just submitted with the form on page 1. But......if I refresh page2, i get that IE message box asking if i want to resubmit the data, and if i say yes, i get duplicate records in my database (obviously).

Im wondering if there is a way to allow the user to refresh page2 after coming from page1 without resubmitting the data. This has always been a problem for me ever since ive been programming in ASP+SQL and Ive never been able to figure out how to get around it.

Thanks for all the help!!

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back