Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh Rates lost if not Domain Admins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc909

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
GB
Got a new XP machine today, and have only got as far as setting up a desktop for it before I got problems.

Problem is that I've got an HP 1502 TFT that needs to run at 70hz (60Hz - picture is crappy).

If I log into the machine as either local administrator or domain admin and set the refresh rate to 70Hz everything is fine for these users. Problem is when a normal user logs in, as its applying group policy it resets the refresh rate to 60hz. Now, someone else did all the group policy, and I cant find anything that looks like it is able to do this - please correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm assuming its some sort of permissions issue - but what it could be I dont know...

My theory is that I should set it up as local administrator and then all the settings for this should stick for all users.

Please help as I cant use the thing with this awful picture. btw I do have latest drivers and the monitor will support 1024x768@70hz

Thx

Myabe a rights issue for the Registry setting? Look in Local machine etc. for these settings and give everyone read access?

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Did you try Control Panel, Users, add the local user to the domain as a power user from this screen?

GlennA
glenna@abelson.com
MIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back