Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pungigi

Programmer
Oct 29, 2003
US
I have a pretty simple question I think, I am using CE XI, I have a report scheduled to run. If I make a change to that report in CR XI, and I refresh it in CE XI will that work or do I have to completely reschedule the report to capture the changes???

As long as the report as yet to run - your changes should be picked up.

Cheers

paulmarr

I've not tested in CE XI yet, however previous versions required that you reset the user/password and parameter info, the scheduling will still take place though if you either open and edit from CE, or overwrite the report in CE.

-k

You can set the Refresh Options for an object on the properties page.
There are options there for Database Logon and Parameters (among others)
It's usually a good thing to turn off the Refresh Database Logon and Paramter values.
Of course, this would need to be done before you modify the report.

Bob Suruncle

Another important thing you should be aware of, the report selection formula should not change. If it does, the report will have incorrect results as it will be filtering based on the old selection criteria.

Enjoy
Srinath

Srinath
srinath_p (at) yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back