Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh Public Declaration

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd06498

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
AU
In my database, I have a public declaration which defines a location or place. This is normally restricted to one location and there is not often the need to change the location onse it is set. However, being only human, users might mispell their location and need to change it. I use this location for headings on reports and on some forms.

I want to be able to refresh the public declaration once the form used to change the location is closed, hence updating other forms that are open.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few different situations but seem to be going around in circles.

I seem to think that it is the "getting already open forms to change" that is the problem

And I suspect that you set the text box controls on these forms to the publicly declared variable in the form's On_Load event.

How about changing it to the On_Activate event for Forms

and the On_Format for the relevant section of Reports .

That will then update the changes just at the point the user gets to see it - each time the user gets to see it - hence always fresh and "up-to-date"

'ope-that-'elps.

G LS
spsinkNOJUNK@yahoo.co.uk
Remove the NOJUNK to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back