Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh power cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayaca

Technical User
Sep 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have created a MDL file with IQD as data source. I am able to generate, update powecube from transformer tool. I need to do regular cube updated on daily basis. I need to configure Cognos scheduler to update the cube regularly.

I tried through command line option and it is not working.
Please help me how this can be done.

I even tried using Macro script. It is giving me error TR0118, which means transformer cannot read database. Actually there is nothing wrong with datbase & sql connectivity to that database.

Please help me how I can achive cube refresh.

Cheers,
Vinay

The MDL is not saving your DB password in the model. Either pass it on the command line (using the correct command line options), or use the PY* file which will save the DB password in the model.

We use mdl scripts within scheduler an example is below we schedule these to update cubes every morning....

OPENpy "N:\Cognos Development\Powerplay Cubes\callovers measure - land rover 2001.pyh"
Createfiles
savepy "N:\Cognos Development\Powerplay Cubes\callovers measure - land rover 2001.pyh"

NewModel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back