Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh Page when Frame is Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatik

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
I'm sorry this actually is more of an HTML question, but I am assuming some of you may know the answer.

I have an inline frame that im using to alter data. However, when the form inside the inline frame is submitted, it just refreshes the frame. I need the submit button inside of inline frame to call a page refresh for the master document. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

For example:

index.asp
----------------------------
<html>
<body>
<%Response.Write(session("test"))%>
<iframe src="iframe.asp"</iframe>
</body>
</html>

iframe.asp
<%
If Request.QueryString("submitButton") <> "" Then
Session("test") = "Its working"
End If
%>
<form action="#" name="formName" method="post">
<input name="submitButton" type="submit" value="passedToIndex"></input>
</form>

The point is to get the index page to automatically reload when the iframe form is submitted, so that the session will output correctly, without a refresh.

p.s. dont get caught up in the code above, i just typed it out without testing as an example. there could be errors

well... best option i can see outright :

form method="post" TARGET="_top" will force the whole page to load, although you will need to make the housing page for the iframe form handle the form results.

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back