Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh Multiple Business Object Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKim

Technical User
May 31, 2006
GB
Hi everyone, hoping one of you experts can help me with this one. I have a VBA module that refreshes 3 business object reports. These are really big reports (60000K! each). At the moment, my module refreshes these reports one at a time, and you can imagine that this takes a very long time. I was hoping I could somehow open all 3 reports and refresh them all at the same time. Is this possible? This module takes about 2 hours to run, and I just want to reduce that time so I can run other modules and get my reports out at a better time.

Don't know, but if your PC can handle it, then starting multiple sessions is not impossible.

Ties Blom

1- what good is a 60 mb report. How many rows are you displaying.

2 - Have you considered the Broadcast agent or any other method for scheduling.

If you can make you program run 3instances of BO, it should still work. However, make sure you delete the webconnect.rea from your addins folder. This will let you have multiple active BO sessions on your desk.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Have a data provider ready to collect all the information requried for your 3 reports in the document. You may need to allow limited filtering. Once the data provider is ready then you can put extra filter to create your 3 sets of reports.

By seeing the size of your file, it looks like you have detail information available in the document which may not necessary for the document. Check carefully. A document with 60MB seems to big.

Regards
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back