Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh form control how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PL01

Technical User
Jun 9, 2008
US
I've asked this question befor and searched high and low for a solution but never gotten a working answer.

How can I get a form with a sub data sheet to refresh itself after the table behind the sub data sheet is updated? For example, one control on the sheet re-alphabetizes the records in the sub data sheet table. After doing this the records in the table do re-alphabetize, but I still need to manually requery the displayed sub data sheet by reselecting another control on the form to show the updated data.

It's a small inconvenience, but would save some time and trouble in the field if the sub data sheet records would automatically update on the form each time the table is changed, rather than needing to refresh the form itself manually through one of its controls.

requery the sub form with vba

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

great that works!
Me.Form.[Inventory Query subform].Requery

cool

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back